Monday, August 06, 2012

I did try

Last night, I was unable to remember how to set my alarm clock, which I think is an indication that I have had a good summer. I figured it out, ultimately, which was fortunate since I was wide awake at 1:30am and there was no way I would have woken in time for work without assistance. Unsurprisingly, I had no trouble remembering how to operate the snooze alarm.

On my way to work, I stopped by the aforementioned concrete purveyor of treats to do some cake reconnaissance (you never know when you might need cake). I bought an expensive muffin and then, because I am nice (and also because I was quite late), I bought an almond financier for my boss. And guess what? My boss didn't come to work. Hrumph. So I ate my treat and then, several hours later, when right-thinking Americas would have had a balanced lunch, I ate his treat. Perhaps I will eat some vegetables later, but I doubt it.