1. In certain contexts, brussels sprouts can be surprisingly delicious.
2. Ditto celery root.
3. It is difficult to read by the light of one candle, even when the waitress, seeing your plight, brings you a bigger candle than anyone else has.
4. When the book is any part of The Divine Comedy, it will automatically be harder to read than any other book you might have thought to bring.
5. The first time you have dinner in a restaurant alone after a break up is far lonelier than you will be prepared for it to be.
6. If your recent ex was (and presumably is) a big fan of chocolate pudding--if chocolate pudding indeed was one of the major elements of your relationship--you may find eating chocolate pot de creme to be a bit heartbreaking.
7. This is a bummer because you love chocolate pot de creme.
8. When you are already extremely full, it is foolish to eat chocolate pot de creme even if (lucky you) you do not find it to be a particularly emotional experience.
9. If it is part of a prix fixe menu, you will eat it anyway (see #7).
10. When you are very, very full, it is even harder to read Dante.